Stock is a super useful and healthy staple that everyone should incorporate in thier diet.
Stock is made by cooking bones for at least 10 hours, which releases all the nutritional goodness and rich flavours. It's different than broth! Stock is more gelatinous and has a richer flavour compared to broth.
Stock has many healty benefits:
- Nutritious – Stock contains many important vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and other trace minerals needed to build and strengthen your bones
- Improved joint health – Collogen from the bones is broken down into gelatin during the cooking process. The gelatin contains amino acids that support joint health. Collagen is also beneficial for your skin, hair, and nails.
- Good for your gut – The gelatin from the bones supports healthy digestion and helps food move through your gut more easily.
- Fights inflammation – Amino acids in the stock can help fight inflammation
- Weight-loss friendly – While low in calories, the gelatin in bone broth helps promote feeling full. Regular consumption can reduce calorie intake and result in weight loss over time.
- Improved sleep and brain function – Stock contains an amino acid that may help you relax.
Beef stock is so versatile, and there are tons of recipes online. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Soups and stews
- Gravy and sauces
- Salad dressing
- Use for sauteing and stir-frying in place of oil or butter
- Add to you morning smoothie (frozen or liquid)
- Add to potaties and rice for extra flavour
- Switch up your Bloody Mary for a Bloody Bull!
- Stock tea, flavored with spices and herbs to your liking
Share with a friend and spread the love for healthy stock!